The Documents

The Basics | The Car | The Documents | The Spirit | And Finally

You'll need to show us the documents listed below or thier international equivalents when registering in Calais. Please do not arrive without your documents as you will be unable to start the rally. All documents must be originals as we will be unable to accept faxes, photocopies, forgeries, promises, or letters from your mum! The validity of each must extend up to and including the last day of the rally.

  • Tax Disc

    Vehicles require UK tax even if they are not in the UK. We'll provide you with a form to send to the DVLA to claim unused tax back once you've scrapped your banger.

  • MOT Certificate

    Dont forget that your responsibility to make sure the vehicle is fit for the journey extends over and beyond the posession of an MOT certificate.

  • V5 Log Book

    Make sure you apply for your V5 from the DVLA at least 4 weeks prior to the rally as the DVLA can drag their feet getting these puppies sent out. The registerd keeper of the car must be one of the team members!

  • Insurance Certificate

    Your insurance certificate must specifically name anybody who is to drive the team banger. Registered teams will find information about our special Ramshackle Insurance Deal from your homepage when logged in.

  • Drivers License

    We'll need to see the drivers license for the registered keeper of the vehicle and at least one other team member. If the registered keeper is not a driver then we'll need some photo ID for them and two drivers licenses from the remaining team members.

IMPORTANT: If you are in any doubt as to whether your documents meet the criteria then please contact us to check well before the start of the rally as we'd hate you to miss out.

Copyright © Ramshackle Rally   Banger Rally | Banger Rallies Home | Pamplona | Krakow | Valencia | Split | Munich | Bucharest | Sitemap     Follow ramshacklerally on Twitter